Gardening is a nice healthy way to spend some time relaxing outdoors. In this article we will give you nine tips that can help you enjoy your gardening to the fullest.
1. Start your plants in pots, once they sprout and grow a little you can transplant them into the garden. This will grow stronger plants and raise their chances of survival.
2. Healthy soil is very important for the health of your plants. You can use banana skins and other fruit and vegetable waste to create a compost area where you can mix the waste with your soil that has had soil stabilization treatment. This will create rich soil and very healthy plants.
3. When you choose a place for your garden keep in mind that most garden plants need an average of six hours of sunlight per day. Not all flowers need that much sunlight, however, some do, so if you have plants that need sunlight is important that you keep the trees by this plants in a good shape with the service of tree trimming & tree removal in Auckland.
4. It is better not to water your garden while the plants are in direct sunlight, the water acts as a magnifying glass and can damage the plants when the sun is strong. If you decide to water your garden in direct sunlight try to make the water fall directly on the soil without falling on the plants, especially the leaves.
5. If you don’t want to lose valuable time watering your garden, you can buy special hoses that will leak water out at a slow pace with the help of a trenching company. This will allow you to simply turn on the faucets and enjoy yourself while your plants receive the water that they desperately need. You must be careful, however, not to over water your garden.
6. When you pick your vegetables keep in mind that pulling at the vegetable to separate it from the plant can cause damage to the plant. It is usually much better to cut the vegetable off of the plant.
7. If you find that you need to go into the house frequently while gardening taking your shoes on and off can cause a lot of stress. Use some plastic bags, you can slip your shoes into them before entering your house.
8. If your yard has clay quality soil this can cause stress while trying to dig as it sticks to your shovel. You can try solving this problem by waxing your shovel with car wax.
9. As we mentioned before your garden needs a lot of sunlight, this means that you will probably be working in the sun quite a bit. Keep in mind that he ozone isn’t as good as it used to be and there are many risks that come from over exposer to the sun. Don’t forget to use sunscreen and if you are extra sensitive you may want to use a hat and maybe a long sleeve cotton shirt.
Gardening can be a very relaxing hobby, some doctors even recommend it as an anti stress activity. Not to mention the joy that comes from eating food that you produced with your very hands! Happy gardening!